Friday, February 5, 2010

Delete

A clean break is best, right?






Regardless of whether I'm in a crush stage with Charlie at any given moment, at one point I considered him my best friend in DC, and I'm not ok with the transition we've made to casual acquaintances who hang out once a month.

Thus, the reason he's able to have such a mind-altering effect on my day. I'm always hoping "this time" it will be back to the way it was. But I know now, in the infinite wisdom gained from being shot down again and again over a year, that sometimes you can't fix things just because you want to.

Definitely a good thing he's been deleted. Good-bye, Charlie.

3 comments:

  1. good move. in college i had to completely remove a girl from my contact list in order to move on. i burned a lot calories for a lot nothing back then. that hope that keeps your spirits alive ends up hurting you more than making you happy.

    A friend of mine told me to look for a girl who is wiling to look for you (i know, sounds cliche). I thought about it for a long time. I've come to the conclusion that cutting to the chase and declaring your interest is a lot better than keeping a glimer of hope for an unavaiable person (emotionally or physically). Those calories that you would of burned should be for someone ready to reciporcate.

    What do you think about keeping that false hope alive and the hurt that slowly creeps in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your post makes me feel like I'm reading a summary of my life. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one dealing with a toxic situation like this. I just hope that I can find the courage to press "delete" one day, too. Thanks for the post, it's inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Nicole! I'm so glad you enjoy it, and you're definitely not alone!

    ReplyDelete