Friday, January 6, 2012

The New Love of My Life

That’s right, I’m in LOVE…the dreamy, toe-tingling, can’t get enough of you, never wanting to let you go, cuddle all night, absolutely trusting kind of love…with my BED!

Ok, so maybe it’s not perfect – at only 3 ft. high it’s a bit vertically challenged, and at 5 ft. wide it has trouble fitting through doors for a night on the town – but it never disappoints. Each morning as I reluctantly leave the comfort of my soft, organic cotton, 325-thread count sheets, I begin to count the hours until I can sink back into the unique pillow-top design of my Westin Heavenly mattress. And when the day ends and I can finally pull my luxurious comforter up over my shoulders, a feeling of absolute bliss washes over me.

My faith in my bed is unshakeable – I KNOW it will always be there for me (and after paying to ship it from DC, it better be!). As I snuggle in to its comforting embrace, I feel safe, secured and loved – what you’re SUPPOSED to experience in a committed relationship, right?

Sure, it’s not all rainbows and butterflies, and like any relationship, compromises do have to be made. For instance, spooning can be a bit more difficult, but we get by just fine with some extra pillows and the help of my teddy bear. And as I mentioned, I’m still stuck having dinner alone – but how is that so different than with a boyfriend that regularly works late.

All in all, seems like a pretty satisfying pairing to me. But, not to worry – I haven’t gone completely bonkers and given up dating or anything. In fact, I’ve got dates lined up with two different men next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment