Monday, September 28, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

I've always thought an airport is a great place to meet someone.

My theory is that whoever you might end up talking to has a connection to either the city you're coming from or the city you're going to, so you're already off to a good start. Maybe you'll get lucky, hit it off and he'll live down the street, or provide you with a fun place to visit for long weekends.

So, every time I fly somewhere, I check out the date possibilities as I wait to board, and once on the plane, look up at every cute guy hoping he just might have the seat next to me.

My trip to Chicago last weekend was no different. But instead of a dinner-worthy seatmate, I sat next to a 65-year-old woman - there and back (a different one on each flight, but same idea).

Barring one amazing flight from Texas to Jackson Hole where I was seated in the middle of a minor league hockey team (and as a result, was able to present my friend with several prospects for the weekend in place of the typical hostess gift), this particular dating strategy has yet to pan out for me. But I'm going to keep looking at every airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment