Thursday, September 17, 2009

Update: Friends....or More?

I think there's a scene in "He's Just Not That Into You" where Ginnifer Goodwin's character is waiting for a guy to call and spends an evening running around like a nutcase checking to make sure her cell, landline and voicemail are working.

That was me last night.

Actually, calling me a nutcase might be a bit much, but I did check a couple of times to make sure my cell was getting service - which isn't THAT weird, as it's been known to go in and out. In fact, I missed a call from a tow truck just yesterday morning even though my phone was right next to me!

Anyway, a call from Charlie is what prompted this momentary craziness. He wanted to TALK.

But I missed it because I was at softball and when I called back, he didn't answer. As he doesn't check his voicemail and also has problems with his service, I was worried he wouldn't know I'd called him back. So I sent a text message as soon as I got home letting him know I was around if he wanted to call again.

And then proceeded to check my phone every few minutes for the rest of the night to make sure I hadn't missed a call or text.

Except he hasn't called back. What if the moment's passed and he's decided to just let it go? I have to know what he was going to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment