Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Clock is Ticking

I think my wonderfully loving and supportive parents are starting to get a little concerned that neither me nor my sister are dating anyone.

Sign #1 - In response to my using bad teeth as a dealbreaker my dad said, "We can get him braces!"

Sign #2 - When I joined Match.com with my roommate, my mom wanted to be the one to create my profile.

Sign #3 - My dad has started asking on a recurring basis "Why don't you date Charlie?" (And he only knows Charlie as my golf buddy - no idea that I'm actually interested in being more than friends with him).

Midwest kids who were married at 21 and parents at 25 (to me!), they seem to be eyeing the clock a lot more these days - although, to be fair, they're not the only ones. As I plan my annual birthday extravaganza, it's not lost on me that at 26 I'm squarely in the mid-20s range, rather than early.

But I have enough problems fending off the likes of Short Bad Kisser Boy and Annoying Phone Guy without my parents chiming in, thinking they can do better! Trust me, I'm out there - and if he is too, I'll find him. I hope.

3 comments:

  1. I know the craziness of parents. My mom was married at 20, my dad was 25 at the time. And I am the only one of my siblings to be dating. The really are wanting the ring to come soon -- I think more than I am, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya, sister. Does it make me a horrible person that when I hear about another one of my friends getting married, I get a little pissed off?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dread looking on Facebook each Monday because I know there are going to be new wedding pictures posted from someone!

    ReplyDelete